The iStanton Weblog |


4.30.2006

Lakers 99, Suns 98

If you missed today's playoff match-up between the Lakers and the Suns I feel sorry for you.. Unless you just aren't a fan of the good ol NBA, in that case I can understand that you could probably care less.


I have been a Laker fan since I was a little kid and it's been a few years since I have been this excited about MY team! It's so nice to see that Kobe is capable of leading this group while playing a well rounded team game. No one really thought he could do that but he is out to prove all you haters wrong this year..Holler!

For those who missed this afternoons game I will give you the low down.. In a nutshell of course. Steve Nash (voted MVP) choked and Kobe (should have been MVP) took advantage. At the end of regulation he made a tear drop to tie it and force the game into OT.. Then at the end of OT he made the game winner at the buzzer which sent me into a screaming frenzy as I jumped off my couch. This is what playoff ball is all about and I am so happy to see my Lakers back in the game. They have taken a 3-1 series lead it looks like they will be going against the cross town Clippers in round two. This leads me to believe they might actually have a shot at making it to the Western Conference Finals.. After that? Well I'll refrain from making anymore premature predictions, were just going to have to wait and see!