The iStanton Weblog |


6.07.2006

On the eve of the NBA finals..

I am actually looking forward to this years finals between the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. Things have been kinda boring in the NBA since Shaq left the Lakers but I really think this series will bring me back. I really want Shaq to take home another ring. One, he's pretty much the baddest NBA player there is and Two.. I think him winning another ring might light another fire up Kobe's butt.


So yeah, I am definitely ready for some action starting tomorrow night. I am sure Shaq will be showing up with some nice quotes too, so I thought it would be fun to throw some of my favorites from the Big Aristotle out there:

  • "I think the type of centers you are looking at now are the Colliers and Nowitzki, the guys that can step out and shoot the sh*t out of the ball. They can shoot and you can not take that away from them. I have never been a shooter. I have always been a prolific M.F. scorer. You know what M.F. stand for?"
  • Shaquille O'Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece: "I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."
  • "I'm like the pythagorean theorem. Not too many people know the answer to my game."
  • "I had an awful first quarter but I picked it up. To all you single guys out there, it's not how you start the date, it's how you finish it sir. A lot of people can, you know, start the date with flowers and candy, but if you don't finish the date you know what I mean?"
  • "I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok."
  • "They shot the ball well early. What comes out of the microwave hot doesn't always stay hot. I know, because I eat bagels in the morning."