The iStanton Weblog |


6.19.2006

World Cup 2006



I love watching the World Cup. Years ago I went to a World Cup game in Pasadena where the USA defeated Columbia and it was one of the crazier experiences of my life. It's fun to see people from all over the world get so worked up about their team. And if you actually watch a full game it can be pretty exciting. I think that game I went to back in 1994 might have been the last time we won one though! Anyway, I was watching the South Korea Vs. France game yesterday. There were so many S. Korea fans in the stands.. Constantly singing and banging on their drums, waving their flags.. It was a really good game and South Korea ended up getting the upset win. Now if only the USA can defeat Ghana on Thursday!

I think I will go try to find the lyrics to that song everyone sings in the stands..