The iStanton Weblog |


7.11.2006

En-light-ened


A man in Pakistan recently had surgery to get a lightbulb removed from his anus. Problem is he can't recall how it got there. Doctors performed an hour and a half long surgery and managed to get the bulb out intact:

"Thanks Allah, now I feel comfort. Today, I had my breakfast. I was just drinking water, nothing else," Mohammad, a grey-bearded man in his mid-40s, told Reuters from a hospital bed in the southern central city of Multan.

"We had to take it out intact," said Dr. Farrukh Aftab at Nishtar Hospital. "Had it been broken inside, it would be a very very complicated situation."

I kinda feel sorry for this guy but I am not entirely convinced that he is giving us the whole truth. His claim is that the Police or other prisoners stuck it up there while he was sleeping. I suspect that you would feel a lightbulb being inserted into your butt. Any thoughts on how it got up there?