The iStanton Weblog |


1.03.2007

Ear Candy

I just decided that my new years resolution will be to listen to more music. Over the years I have gotten pretty picky about what I like but I know there is a lot of stuff out there that I don't even know about. I figure if I put half the effort into it as I used to I would find some pretty cool stuff out there. Anyway, here's a couple albums I've recently discovered:


The Teddybears are one of those bands that I discovered via a television commercial. I remember seeing it a few times and thinking the voice sounded really familiar. Turns out it was Iggy Pop who collaborated with them to do a song called Punkrocker. It's probably my favorite song on the album but the rest of it is really good too. If you like the trainspotting soundtrack (one of my favorite soundtracks) you will probably enjoy this album. It sounds like they are pretty well known overseas but I have yet to check out some of their other albums. If their album covers are any indication I'm sure they're great!


I know I'm late to this party but I finally got Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers last night. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but from what I've heard so far it's definitely one of the best albums I've listened to in awhile. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get this after hearing several good tracks on the radio and hearing constant praise for it.. But I'm glad I finally did and I highly recommend you give it a listen, even if you aren't a big fan of the Peppers. I've never cared one way or the other for them but this double album is packed with some great music!

So if you're interested in checking these two (or three really) albums out let me know. I will be posting them on my public folder for easy download. How horrible of me right?