The iStanton Weblog |


2.11.2007

Grammy this!

I watched the entire broadcast of the Grammys tonight so I thought I'd break it down iStanton style for y'all. So basically that means I will tell you who I think is hot and at the bottom of the list I will present my own award for douchebag of the night.. So you better read the whole thing!

I figured I'd start the post off with a hot list. Basically this is a short list of who I thought looked really good tonight. Of course, Scarlett Johansson is on top. While this picture doesn't really capture how good she was looking when she and Don Henley took the stage it should get the point across. Word on the street is shes in the process of recording an album too. Watch out!


Also making the hot list was Corrine Bailey Rae. She had a pretty great performance in the show but I'm not sure if she won anything. Definitely lookin good though. I also thought Nelly Furtado was looking pretty hot. A lot of people seem to be dissin her new style but whatever. Just look at the picture. And lastly, James Blunt has a really hot girlfriend and her name is Petra Nemcova. She is a tsunami survivor and he pretty much sucks. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any pictures of her at the Grammys sans Blunt.


All right, enough of the hot people, lets talk some music. My favorite performance of the night was Gnarles Barkley. They came out in pilot uniforms and had a choir of women dressed as flight attendants in the background. They pretty much rocked the house. It was pretty fun watching the Dixie Chicks sweep up all of the awards too. Take that all you redneck haters! And you can't forget about the Chili Peppers. I don't think they sound all that great when they perform but Stadium Arcadium is one of my favorite albums of the year. It was cool to see them win.


Congratulations for making it this far. I will now present John Mayer with the award of douchebag of the night. Congratulations John, I always knew you were a douchebag and tonight you did nothing to disprove my theory. I am a little disappointed that someone like you is capable of winning a Grammy but you redeemed your douchebaggery with that wonderful acceptance speech. Holler!