The iStanton Weblog |


3.28.2007

Jimmy AKA Gabe


I went to my Netflix page today only to be greeted with this warning from my good friend Gabe. It looks like he watched a movie titled "Love's Abiding Joy" and didn't find it to be very enjoyable.

It got me to thinking.. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge based only on the cover and title.. So I did a little clicking and looked at the description:

Homesteaders Missie (Erin Cottrell) and Willie LaHaye (Logan Bartholomew) are struggling to raise a family on their farm in the Old West. When Missie's father (Dale Midkiff) arrives for a visit on the newly built railroad line, an unexpected tragedy will test the family's love and faith. Directed by Michael Landon Jr., this is the fourth film adaptation in Janette Oke's Love Comes Softly literary series about life on the frontier.

Homesteaders? Raising a family on a farm in the Old West? Unexpected tragedy in the frontier life? I'm sorry man but if you are craving some good ol' fashioned frontier shows maybe you should just put some Little House on the Prairie in your Que. Oh snap!