The iStanton Weblog |


6.21.2008

Blue Giant - Wonder Ballroom

I went to the debut of Blue Giant last night at the Wonder Ballroom. The band features Kevin and Anita from Viva Voce (one of my favorite Portland bands) so I had to check it out. From listening to the tracks on Myspace I figured it would be pretty mellow but I was pleasantly surprised with their rockin sound at the show. Watch for their album which is supposedly coming soon. I think it's going to kick some butt!

On another note, the Wonder Ballroom sucks. We were forced to wait at the door for about 20 minutes while the manager of the place tried to decide whether or not he was going to let us in. For some reason their little scanner thing didn't like the tickets I bought about 6 hours prior at their box office and we were immediately taken for scam artists or something.. Lame.