The iStanton Weblog |


6.04.2008

Utah Day 9


Sunday June 1st, 2008


The drive home started today but first we decided to stop in Salt Lake City to see the Great Salt Lake. We headed over to Antelope Island and walked across the stinky beaches there and then drove around a little. The coolest thing I saw here was a heard of Buffalo. Other than that the lake was a bust.


We continued on to Boise where we got an awesome room with a view at the Doubletree for $64, I think this place was normally something around $200/night but we got an amazing coupon at the truck stop before Boise for this walk in rate. They had a hot tub, swimming pool, free internet and an amazing fitness room. I didn’t work out but I did check my e mail, sit in the hot tub and ate a warm chocolate chip cookie that was presented to me at check in. We also went to downtown and ate at the Table Rock Brewery, that place was pretty good.


We were both pretty impressed with Boise and I found myself wanting to go back at some point. It was a cool little city and reminded me a little of Portland only much smaller.


On Monday morning we finished driving the rest of the way home to Portland where Jenny and Chad were very happy to see us. It was an amazing week and I’m a little bummed that it’s over but I guess all vacations have to come to an end at some point.